NOTE: PRINT THIS PAGE FOR FUTUE REFERENCE
****** Note: If a Macromedia Flash prompt appears. click YES to install (It only takes a few seconds), in order to view this website properly.
HOW TO TO PUT LISTINGS ONLINE - EASY AS ONE, TWO, THREE :
1. Click SIGN UP to put listings online
•Select Option 1 for a single listing, or Option 2 for all your listings (*unlimited.)
•Click CONTINUE on the left side under Purchase a Listing Memership
2. Create your listing membership:
•Enter your Contact Information. The red asterisks indicate required fields.
•Enter your Credit Card Billing Information. (This is the address where your credit card bills are mailed.) (Note: We take Visa and MC, debit or credit cards- No AMEX, No Discover)
•Create a User Name and Password (DO NOT use spaces, DO NOT use caps, DO NOT use characters, like @ - ' / @ etc. in the user name or password )
(Note: be sure to write down your User Name and Password for future use.)
(Note: Add the optional agent PROFILE PAGE in the Rural Real Estate Specialist Database for an additional $69 (more info...)
3. Click CONFIRM, CONTINUE. Now ADD YOUR LISTING(S)....
(Note: You can log out and then log back in later or at any time to add your listing(s)
That's all there is to it!!
Click Here to SIGN UP to Put Listings Online!
TO LOGIN to your account at any time, just click LOG/IN (for members) at the top of the HOME PAGE
NOTE: BE SURE TO KEEP YOUR USER NAME AND PASSWORD HANDY SO YOU CAN EASILY FIND IT TO LOGIN ANYTIME!
(Note: You may wish to whitelist our email address ~ info@RanchAndCountry.com ~ so that you won't miss out on occational useful tips, and renewal notices.)
DETAILS ABOUT ADVERTISING MEMBERSHIP:
Advertising membership is purchased for a period of one year. During the year, you will be able to LOGIN with your user name and password to make changes to your listing(s), add more photos (up to 6 maximum), make changes to text or prices or details, and delete your listing(s) if appropriate.
You can purchase advertising for a single listing, or for an unlimited number of listings. If you choose the 'Unlimited Listings' option, you can LOGIN and add addidtional listings at any time during the one year membership period.
At the end of a one year time period, you will receive an emailing notifiying you that your membership is about to expire. You may then renew your membership for another year.
HELP HINTS FOR UPLOADING LISTINGS:
1. When you go to the Add Listings screen, BE SURE to click the box at the top of the screen to certify that you have a right to advertise the property.
2. BE SURE to fill in state, city, county, zip code, +/-acres, and property type -- these are are primary search parameters, and you never know what parameters buyers may be using to search with.
3. The "Title" for the listing should be succinct and relevant! (Generic descriptions like horse ranch, horse property, land for sale, acreage for sale, farm for sale, vineyard for sale are good choices. The city (town) will import into the title so you do not have to put this in; however you may wish to add the state (For example, if you create a title such as California Vineyard for Sale, the city will import automatically and your title will read, Napa California Vineyard for Sale.) IMPORTANT NOTE: Do NOT use the characters, # or ? or @ in your title. These can block the detailed listing display
4. Generally speaking, the more information you enter about the property, the better. Click the fields for the appropriate features, and describe the property in as much detail as you wish.
5. Enter your website in the property website box, so that it will display as an active link to your website.
6. When you enter the price, do NOT to use dollar signs, commas, or spaces.
7. If you have a slow connection, or if your connection 'times out' after a short while, you may want to enter basic info for your listing first, and click the UPLOAD button at the bottom of the screen to upload the listing. Then you can log back in at any time, and add more detail in the text, and and add your photos.
8. To add photos, click the BROWSE button to locate the photo on your computer. When you locate the photo click OPEN. You may also choose to enter a photo description in the box below the photo name.
TIPS FOR UPLOADING PHOTOS:
(a) BE SURE photos are in .JPG format
(b) BE SURE there are NO characters in your photo name (No signs like & or @ or - or / etc. and NO apostrophes.) And no spaces.
(c) BE SURE that each photo has a UNIQUE NAME - names like "front.jpg" or "back.jpg" can easily get mixed up with each other.
(c) It helps to resize your photos before uploading to any internet site. Ideal property photo sizes are at 72 DPI and a width of 4 inches
(d) If you want to check your photo size and format, click your right mouse on the photo, then go to 'properties' to get the information.
9. To LOGIN to your account at any time during your membership, click LOG/IN (for members)at the top of the home page. Then enter your user name and password in the 'I am a returning member' box.
HINTS FOR ADVERTISING MEMBERS -- AND FOR USING RanchAndCountry.com REGULARLY:
1. Be sure to write down your USER NAME & PASSWORD when you create it, and keep it handy for future reference.
2. To LOGIN go to www.RanchAndCountry.com and click LOG/IN (for members) at the top of the home page. This will take you to a login screen entitled 'Welcome, please sign in.' BOOKMARK THIS PAGE or ADD THIS PAGE TO YOUR FAVORITES! That way, next time you want to login, you'll simply go straight to the LOGIN page in your Favorites list.
3. After you login, you will see a screen that displays 'Listings I currently have.' You will notice an EDIT button, a DEACTIVATE button, and a DELETE button. Use the EDIT button to make changes to you listing, to add photos, to adjust remarks or features. Use the DELETE button to completely remove the listing. Use the DEACTIVATE button if you want to take the listing out of the system, yet you think you may want to re-activate the listing at a future time.
4. Your membership will expire in one year. Just prior to expiration you will receive an email notice. You can renew simply by logging in and clicking on the RENEW button. If your membership expires, you can still log in to your account, but you will see that your listings show 'Expired' rather than 'Active.' Once you renew your membership, you can reactivate all your existing listings by simply clicking the ACTIVATE button for each listing.
5. Your listing detail page will be a webpage with its own URL. You can link directly to each of your listings to from other websites or from other online advertising sources. Here's how to find the URL of your listing so that you can link to it:
(a) Pull up your listing detail view
(b) In the browser address bar, you will see http:// and the name of your listing, ending in .html
(d) Copy the address, beginning with http:// and ending with .html
(e) Paste the link in an email, on your website, or whevever you want to provide a link to your property detail
[NOTE: HTML based email programs will automatically create a "hot" link for you when you paste it in - people can just click on your link and go directly to the property. According to statistics, 82% email users user html based programs. However, if you use a "text only" email program, you won't have a "hot" link - people will need to paste the name in their browser to view]
FOR QUESTIONS CALL OR EMAIL OUR TECH SUPPORT DEPARTMENT AT 805-688-0919; info@RanchAndCountry.com
6. If you wish to purchase a PROFILE PAGE in the Rural Real Estate Specialist Database, LOG/IN first. Then scroll to the bottom of your membership management page for a link to the purchase option.